funny dilemma

So everyone who is passing by or even reading this blog, knows by now that I have moved.
The new place is smaller but the area is very nice (the "Beverly Hills" of Wellington, lol) and the neighborhood secure. There is even, to the delight of the cat, a little stretch of bush with tui and bellbirds, circadas and possums behind the house. Alhamdulillah!!
(I will have joy with Pixie's night time gifts of stick insects and crickets:) )

The first day was very busy with cleaning, unpacking, arranging furniture and sorting things out. There was quite a storm outside and I was just taking something out to the car, opened the door and my eyes immediately fell on something that the storm blew onto the front steps: a pair of men's underpants.
...alhamdullillah??

Muslima or not, I was thinking, Houston we DO have a Problem (one that I never had before)!

Totally shocked I closed the door again and sat down to ponder my options...

Let's just say I just pick it up and throw it in the bin, and pretend as if nothing has happened. This would be like just taking someone's property and destroying it (and they looked quite expensive. From far away - of course). And what if the neighbor who I assumed belonged this item of clothing knocks at my door asking for his underpants...???!!
THAT is out of question.

I could just take it and stuff it into the neighbour's letterbox. But what if someone sees me with some man's underpants stuffing in someone's letterbox? And what if that wasn't the right letterbox??
Cross THAT out.

OR I could try to be really helpful and just ask the neighbors if it was their underpants. Would I take them with me or say they are still on the steps of my front door waiting to be picked up? What sort of single woman that's just moved in goes through the neighborhood asking who's men's underpants these are??
Forget THAT one, very quickly.

ALTERNATIVELY I could just leave them there and wait for the storm to take it away. But just when I thought about this, it started raining -no chance of soaking wet man's underpants getting carried away. SIGH....

So I chose to phone a friend who started laughing out loud at my little dilemma and suggested to wait until nighttime and throw the embarassing item of clothing over the fence to the other neighbors, passing on the buck. Lol, I haven't thought of THAT before!

What would any of you have done??

.... to be continued.. inshallah!

...cont...

ok, so nobody is really interested or lost internet connection in a blizzard, never mind. Here the time saving short and sharp version of how it ended:

As I did a little dua about this "problem" the neighbor's wife knocked at the door to drop a parcel off (it was a mailorder of the holy quran in arabic, alhamdullillah) and introduced herself (well, she said nice to meet you but she didn't say her name, so still don't know what her name is, lol). A brief glance towards the steps showed me that the underpants have disappeared and another brief glance showed that they were stuffed into the pockets of her sweater.

Subhanallah, however small the dillemma is, Allah swt makes an effort to sort it out - if you ask him:)

2 comments:

Regular Baba said...

Salam

Once passed an attractive woman in the apartment complex who was carrying her washing, and she dropped a bra from it. I was too shy to say anything, just walked away.

Sabirah said...

lol!! now you have to be a woman to know that THIS would most likely have been a trick... good call on your behalf (from a muslim point of view)

Post a Comment